Web 2.0 Internet Technologies
Welcome to the page of CNIT-129 Class!
You will find here the basic information about this class.
This is an online class that will use the Canvas - https://ccsf.instructure.com. It's NOT a self-paced class and students are required to log in the course every week for attendance/participation and assignments and all the material will be found at that website.
Students officially registered in this class will be receiving an email, with initial instructions, via the CCSF Gmail account that every student has - you can check your CCSF Gmail account at your CCSF Web 4 account - and make sure you access that email and if you want to use another email account, just set a forwarding in the CCSF Gmail account!
Students should show up (enter the Canvas course and participate in the initial forum) on the first week of class, otherwise they will be in risk of being dropped!
Expectations for online students:
- Apply yourself using the materials provided.
- Participate in the discussion boards often.
- Exercise thinking skills.
- Ask for help in the discussion forums when you need it.
- Submit work on or before the deadline.
- Recognize that you are more responsible for your learning in an online class than in a face-to-face class.
- Help each other whenever possible.
- Respond to discussions thoughtfully and thoroughly.
- Be present in the course.
- Don’t wait until the end of the unit to check in! Online learning requires you to check the course almost every day. Check to see what is going on and don't wait to do everything on the last day!
Below, you will find the required material for this class. There are 3 options to obtain the book which is required for the readings and assignments for this class.
Overview of Web 2.0 Internet Technologies. Techniques for contributing and sharing documents, photos, videos and other data using blogs, wikis, social networking, vide and photo sharing websites and other tools.
- Access to the internet and WWW using browsers such as Chrome, IE, Edge, Firefox, Safari.
- Book (REQUIRED):
- Dive Into Web 2.0
Harvey M. Deitel, Paul J. Deitel
Publisher: Prentice Hall
A version, in zipped file will be provided in the class but if you prefer, you can also buy or rent the book
- Dive Into Web 2.0